7.04.2007

Happy 4th of July!



For us July 4th is all about traditions and family, flags and red white and blue. This morning we went to the Parade - it was soo hot but I always love going. We Always have donuts for breakfast while we wait for the parade to start. One of my favorite traditions is to dress the kids up in patriotic clothes. This year I took it a step further and dressed my girls doll's to match. My good friend Peggy sent me Jo's adorable red gingham dress and then I sewed a similar one for her doll - notice the tiny fabric "yo-yo" with the little blue button. For Sammi I had made her new Molly doll this cute red , white and blue outfit last month. Then I made a cute matching top for Sammi - a skirt is in the works but not quite finished. I think they look adorable.

SO now all you TTS ladies - Tell me about a tradition you like to do to celebrate. It does not have to be for the 4th of July it can be any celebration. Be sure to post a link in the Thread at TTS.

7 comments:

  1. Tune, they are absolutely adorable!!! :) Love the matching outfits ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout and great challenge! I will give this some thought! Cause we dont really have much for traditions.
    Thanks for posting on my blog, hope you do well on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What darling photos!! Happy 4th to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids have patriotic outfits too! Having young kids we are still trying to work out what our traditions will be. Hope you had a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh these are so adorable.. what cute cute outfits and love your tradition too!!!
    luv ya!!
    T

    ReplyDelete
  6. As usual your layout ROCKS!! Jo looks adorable in that dress and you are soooo stinkin' clever!!!! Awesome traditions!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic layout - so cute to dress their dolls too! :) I can't resist dressing my daughter up in a patriotic outfit, maybe next year we'll do a doll too! :)

    ReplyDelete