Josephine's Easter Dress
I cut out this dress last summer for Josephine but just now got around to sewing it. It is a size 8 from this pattern - Simplicity 2628 . Good thing this pattern runs big or I do not think it would have fit her. I love the fun patterns and colors on it. I made a few changes to the original pattern. Below are some details with photos.I did not really like the bottom band on the sleeve and I was worried it might be to tight on Jo's arm. So I finished the bottom of the sleeve with elastic gathers.
I am not a fan of putting in zippers so I changed the back to have a button opening with 5 small buttons. I really like how cute it is.
at the bottom I added a ruffled trimmed I made from one of the fabrics. I just did a tight zig zag over the edges and then gathered it down the center and zig zagged it onto the dress.
I made a cute little flower pin using the flower tutorial from "Pink Paper Peppermints" blog. I made mine double layered with a self made fabric covered button.
I really like it and will post some pics of Josephine wearing it after Easter. Next up is SarahAnn's dress.