5.01.2009

Miss Molly has a new dress

I have been in a sewing mood lately. This week I created this set for Sammi's Molly. A little 40's dress and and Apron.  The Apron pattern came from www.youcanmakethis.com I altered it slightly to have button holes and buttons under the arms rather than tacking them together. The lining of the apron is white with small blue paisley. You can reverse the apron so the paisley side is out - but it does not have the pockets.



















When I was creating Sammi's Easter dress for Molly I thought of this idea with the 2 color bodice and white piping.  I think it really turned out pretty. It looks like the military inspired fashioned popular in Molly's historical time - 1944.  The little cupcake she is holding is made from sculpey - My boys, Tim and Seth made a set of 6 of them for the girls for Christmas. in person they have glittery sprinkles on them.



















Up next is a new dress for Jo's doll Kirsten.

No comments:

Post a Comment