SarahAnn's Easter Dress
I wanted something a little more grown up for SarahAnn this year and I pictured a long dress with a regency era feel to it. I love how it turned out! I used the Miss Madeline Pattern increased by about 1 inch in diameter and made it longer. I also made the waist band about 5/8th of an inch wide and used 1/2 inch elastic. To give it the regency era feel I made the waist empire height.
You can see here how sheer the fabric is if you look at the sleeves. I lined the body of the dress for modesty. The ribbon can be removed for more casual wear.
A close up of the rolled hem and the lining fabric. SarahAnn is well pleased with the dress. I will take photos of both the girl's in their dresses tomorrow. (the ribbon really does match better than these pics show)