Summer Girly Dresses!
That's what the girls and I did on Thursday. We Sewed summer dresses from pre gathered fabirc. Just a few seams and hems and they have these darling dresses. Josephine sat on my lap and helped me sew the seams. SarahAnn I let sit at the machine and sew. I helped her guide the fabric some but she did really well. I was proud of her.
at TTS we where challenged to post 10 things about us. So here are 10 things about sewing and me.
1. I learned to sew from my Mom at 4 when she gave me scraps and a needle and thread while she sews.
2. I won runner up in the adult category on a summer dress I sewed all by myself at 8 yrs old :D
3. I love the smell of fresh fabric being ironed.
4. I did a fashion show in highschool with my nieces wearing dresses I made them as gifts.
5. I sewed my niece a rag doll and wardrobe my senior year of highschool
6. I have 2 tubs of fabric waiting to be made into something
7. I helped my son sew a doll quilt for his little sister when he was 8
8. It makes me feel connected with the past when I teach my kids to sew.
9. Timothy is making bean bags this summer - hand sewing.
10. Sewing is relaxing and makes me feel peacful.