5.18.2008

TIME TO SEW

  I have spent time sewing this past week with my friend Erica and on my own.  We got these wonderful patterns from Parksbird Patterns. They are great instruction based patterns with step by step pics and cutting instructions for several styles of dresses, pants, under things, crafty items even juice box crafts.    Any way I made the pillowcase dress for Jo and  shorter version for SarahAnn. I got the pillowcases for .69 at the thrift store - don't you love the fab retro prints?  I added some little ball fringe to Jo's dress (the yellow one).  I also made a white peasant dress for Jo using a flat sheet with a lace trim. she is wearing it under her pillowcase dress here.  Then I used the parksbird pattern to make SarahAnn a pair of Denim Capris with  floral cuffs made from the extra fabric from the pillowcase I used for her top.   I also made Seth a pair of shorts from 2 pirate bandanas- but have not got a pic yet.  Then finally I made myself a cute little summer top - but have not taken any pics.  I am really enjoying sewing - be on the look out for more projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment